Advantage 2 products
Advantage 2 products are suitable for PCR applications that require high yield and accuracy, such as RACE PCR, cDNA amplification, library construction, and PCR subtraction, due to the enzynes’ 3X higher fidelity than regular Taq.
Advantage 2 products are enzyme blends comprised of Titanium Taq DNA Polymerase and a minor amount of a proofreading polymerase for a balance of higher yield and higher fidelity than wild-type Taq polymerase. The features of Advantage 2 products include tolerance to a wide range of Mg2+ concentrations, minimal optimization, and amplification of a wide range of DNA templates, including noncomplex templates up to 18 kb.
Advantage 2 Polymerase Mix is available in flexible and easy-to-use formats:
- Advantage 2 Polymerase Mix—tubes of the polymerase mix and optimized buffers (dNTPs not included).
- Advantage 2 PCR Kit—complete kit includes tubes of Advantage 2 Polymerase Mix, 10x buffer, dNTPs, control template, and primers.
- High Fidelity PCR EcoDry Premix—lyophilized PCR master mix; ready-to-use, dried-down formulation based on the Advantage 2 mix for convenient room temperature setup, transport, and storage.
For more demanding PCR applications, enhanced versions of Advantage 2 are available with higher fidelity and the ability to amplify GC-rich sequences easily:
- Advantage HF 2 PCR Kit—nearly 30-fold higher fidelity than wild-type Taq polymerase; includes Advantage-HF 2 Polymerase Mix, optimized buffers, HF dNTP Mix, as well as control template and primers.
- Advantage GC 2 products—optimized for amplifying GC-rich sequences (up to 90% GC); includes a proprietary GC-Melt Reagent and a reaction buffer containing DMSO.